Excellence in Food Safety Awards
Are you proud of your business and the extra efforts taken by you and your employees when it comes to food safety and sanitation? Do you meet and exceed food safety standards? PRLA’s Excellence in Food Safety Award is your opportunity for the recognition you deserve. Winners are honored at PRLA’s annual Awards Gala in the fall.
Award Guidelines & Criteria
- Your facility has been in basic compliance with food safety regulations and had no significant public health conditions that posed a risk to the consumer.
- There were no confirmed foodborne illnesses. A confirmed foodborne illness is one in which representatives of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture or county health department investigate and conclude through tests or analysis that illnesses were associated with eating food from your facility.
- No enforcement actions were taken against the facility in the past 12 months (i.e., no consumer alerts, health permit suspensions or fines imposed).
- One or more employees must be certified in one of the three nationally recognized food safety certification programs, such as ServSafe®.
- An on-site visit or phone interview will be conducted for finalists.
To apply, simply complete your application and return it, along with your supporting documents, to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail it to PRLA, 100 State Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101 by July 15.