The PRAEF scholarship program, now co-branded with the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) scholarships
, annually provides Pennsylvania students with the opportunity to further their education in the hospitality industry. Since the program’s inception in 2006, the PRAEF has awarded more than $125,600 in scholarship monies.
- Graduating high school seniors furthering their education in the hospitality industry who have been accepted in a hospitality or culinary arts program in an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Students currently enrolled in an accredited hospitality or culinary arts program in an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Student must be a Pennsylvania resident.
How to Apply
Application packet must include the following items and by postmarked by March 1
Hospitality work experience preferred but not required. A personal interview may be required to receive an award.
- Completed application form.
- Three letters of recommendation (one from a teacher/instructor; one from an employer; one from a personal reference).
- Transcript from most recently attended school.
- A short essay (200 words) describing who you are, your work
experience and why you wish to pursue a career in the hospitality
- Letter of acceptance from school (unless currently enrolled).
PRAEF Scholarship Program
100 State Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Awards range in value from $500 to $1,500. Candidates will be
notified by mid-April whether or not they will receive a scholarship
award. Scholarship monies will be mailed directly to the institution of
higher education in mid-July.
For more information about the program, call (800) 345-5353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org