The PRAEF scholarship program annually provides Pennsylvania students with the opportunity to further their education in the hospitality industry. Since the program’s inception in 2006, the PRAEF has awarded more than $85,000 in scholarship monies.
- Graduating high school seniors furthering their education in the hospitality industry who have been accepted in a hospitality or culinary arts program in an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Students currently enrolled in an accredited hospitality or culinary arts program in an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Student must be a Pennsylvania resident.
How to Apply
Application packet must include the following items and by postmarked by March 1
Hospitality work experience preferred but not required. A personal interview may be required to receive an award.
- Completed application form.
- Three letters of recommendation (one from a teacher/instructor; one from an employer; one from a personal reference).
- Transcript from most recently attended school.
- A short essay (200 words) describing who you are, your work
experience and why you wish to pursue a career in the hospitality
- Letter of acceptance from school (unless currently enrolled).
PRAEF Scholarship Program
100 State Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
Awards range in value from $500 to $1,500. Candidates will be
notified by mid-April whether or not they will receive a scholarship
award. Scholarship monies will be mailed directly to the institution of
higher education in mid-July.
For more information about the program, call (800) 345-5353 or email email@example.com