Pennsylvania Restaurant Association Educational Foundation:
The PRAEF Board was elected in 2006, to protect the charitable tax status of the educational funds. The distribution of the educational funds that are being used for scholarships is overseen by the board. The Board’s objective is to balance legal requirements for charitable organizations with chapter direction and guidance.
- Graduating high school seniors furthering their education in the hospitality industry who have been accepted in a Hospitality or Culinary Arts program in an accredited post-secondary institution
- Students currrently enrolled in an accredited Hospitality Culinary Arts program in an accredited post-secondary institution
- Student must be a Pennsylvania Resident
How To Apply:
Application Package Must Include:
- Completed Application Form
- Three letters of recommendation (one-instructor; one employer; one personal)
- Transcript from most recently attended school
- A short essay (200 words) describing who you are, your work experience and why you wish to pursue a career in the hospitality industry
- Letter of acceptance from school (unless currently enrolled)
- Hospitality work experience preferred but not required
- A personal interview may be required to receive an award
PRAEF Scholarship Program
100 State St.
Harrisburg, PA 17101-1034
All applications and other required materials must be postmarked by March 1.
- Candidates will be notified by mid-April
- The scholarship awarded will be mailed directly to the institution of higher education in mid-July.
- Awards range in value from $500 - $1500.